Ship: HMS PICTON
Pennant No: M1170
Laid Down: 27th January 1955
Built by: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley, Yorks. Yard Number 890
Completed: 19th July 1956
Time to Build: 18 months
Commissioned: 20th January 1965 as Senior Officer 11th Minecountermeasures Squadron (MCMS) based Singapore
Years Fully Operational: 2
Outline of Operational Career:
- 1965 36 days Borneo & 115 Days Singapore Straits Patrol
- Jan 1966 17 days Singapore Straits Patrol
- May-Aug 66 Exercises and Visits in South China Sea
- Oct-Dec 66 Passage to UK with HICKLETON via Suez Canal.
- 26 May 05 Intercepted sampan in Singapore Straits. High speed chase. Sampan blew up when fired on.
Paid Off: December 1966
Disposal: 28th July 1969 Sold to SB Queenborough at Cairnryan