Ship: HMS KEDLESTON
Pennant No: M1153
Laid Down: 26th November 1952
Built by: William Pickersgill, Sunderland. Yard Number 348
Completed: 2nd July 1955
Time to Build: 32 Months
Commissioned: 23rd January 1969 for Fishery Protection Squadron (FPS) based Port Edgar
Years Fully Operational: 21
Conversion: to Deltic Engined Minehunter at Devonport 1967-1969
Outline of Operational Career:
- April 1969 Joined FPS at Port Edgar
- 1969-1975 Fishery Protection Patrols
- 01 Jan 76 Transferred to 10th MCMS, North East Group
- Oct 79-Jul 80 Major Refit at Gibraltar
- Aug 1980 Rejoined 10th MCMS for Forth Division
- Apr-Jun 82 Deployment to Catania & Lisbon for NATO Exercises
- Oct 86 Transferred to 3rd MCMS based Rosyth
- 15 May 88 Transferred to Fishery Protection Squadron
- Dec 88-1991 Transferred to Northern Ireland Squadron. Multiple (14) Grenada patrols. No mine hunting capability.
- 4 Sep 75 Arrested 10 foreign fishing trawlers in single day off North Yorkshire coast. All skippers convicted and fined.
- 9 Sep 88 Serious fire onboard. Repairs took two months.
Paid Off: 1991
Disposal: 20 April 1992 – To Bruges, Belgium for breaking up