Ship: HMS CUXTON
Pennant No: M1125
Laid Down: 23rd July 1952
Completed: 13th October 1954
Built By: Camper & Nicholson, Southampton. Yard Number 783
Time to Build: 27 months
Commissioned: October 1975 for Fishery Portction Squadron based Rosyth
Years Fully Operational: 15
Outline of Operational Career:
- 1954-61 At Hythe in Reserve
- May 62-75 At Gibraltar in Reserve (last TON in reserve)
- Oct 75 Commissioned for service in FPS
- Feb 82 Transferred to 10th MCMS for Tay Division RNR
- May 84 10th MCMS Training deployment to Gibraltar
- 1985 Transferred to Northern Ireland Squadron based Faslane.
- Apr 88 Sustained severe hull damage. 5 month repairs in Rosyth.
- 24 Jun 77 To part in Spithead Review
Paid Off: 1991
Disposal: 16th April 1992. Sold for breaking up at Bruges.