Built in 1940 as a fast minelayer cruiser, she saw distinguished service in WW II, mainly in the Mediterranean. Post war she participated in the Suez operations in 1956 as a headquarters ship and in 1962 was further converted to MCM support ship to replace WOODBRIDGE HAVEN as Forward Support ship for the Inshore Flotilla at Singapore. During Confrontation MANXMAN participated in offshore patrols but, due to her draught, could not work close inshore. Her radar coverage and radio communications were helpful in detecting small craft intruding into coastal waters and in directing patrol craft to intercept them. She returned to Portsmouth in 1968 to become a training ship. She was scrapped in 1972.