HMS Droxford P3113, Builders - Built by Isaac Pimblott on the River Weaver at Northwich 1954.
October 1954- 1983 assigned to RNR Mersey Division (HMS EAGLET) as Sea Training Tender and re-named HMS DEE until 1959.
Click here to read Exercise 1984 - Marine Reserves invade Scottish Hills to capture Mad Professor By Anthony Sharrock (Merseyside journalist), as reported by Rev Canon Bob Evans, Chaplain to Mersey Division RNR, in “HMS EAGLET, Story of the Royal Naval Reserves on Merseyside”, 2003.
1959. Became a training tender to HMS St Vincent at Portsmouth until 1969 when she replaced HMS KINGSFORD as a tender to Clyde Division RNR. Taken over for use by Strathclyde URNU from 1973 to May 1983, retaining the name Droxford. Then laid up at Faslane.
[ Seriously damaged in winter 1982 when crushed between de-gaussing vessel Magnet and the jetty during heavy weather - Andrew Young ]
Approved for disposal 1983/84, it is understood that she was used as a target vessel after August 1985, initially at Machrihanish and then Pembroke Dock for the Aberporth ranges until 1993. Subsequently being bought in 2003 for preservation at Northwich, Cheshire, later reported as moved to Bristol but not so far relocated. .