The island of Malta, with its sheltered harbours, large dockyard and naval establishments, has played a significant role history of the TONs. Two squadrons of TONs, 104 and 108 MSS were formed there in 1955 in response to the deteriorating situation in Cyprus. Their patrols off Cyprus were interrupted by Operation MUSKETEER, the Suez campaign of October-December 1956 and in 1959 a re-organised 104 MSS deployed to Singapore with their Headquarters Ship WOODBRIDGE HAVEN.
108 MSS, by now re-named 7 MSS, left Malta on 31st March 1969, bringing to an end over 150 years of resident presence on the island by Royal Navy ships and families. Fond memories, going back several generations persist and TCA members regularly re-visit the island.